Friday, January 22, 2010

constantly changing.

do you believe in change? do you think it has happened to you?
it's happening to me. or so i think. hence the interrogation. so what keeps me smiling?

ok, let's rewind.
so i had a disastrous year. while switching between cities and shuttling between two parts of my brain, i have been trying to live what we call "life". while i am happy for people who have moved to a new city, a new country even, i miss them. at every juncture. at every point. in my opinion, happiness is overrated. for all this talk about finding joy in small things, if life were that simple, we'd all be happy by now. we'd have all that we want. but the truth is that even if we have the chance to be happy, we choose the road that takes us down to the other side (the boring one....little dark too).

there are a couple of things that have been missing in my life for a while now, the first one being enthusiasm.

where is all the enthusiasm in the world people? does nothing excite us anymore?
are we bound to just sit there and not care about anything or anyone that walks the face of the earth?

the next being a driver's license.
i don't know what pushes me away from the thought of being a legit driver. plain stupidity and procrastination on my part.

third being some kind of stability in making choices - that's pretty self explanatory.

you see how hard i'm trying to find a problem in my life? you see what i'm doing right there? that's exactly my point. if you really really think about it, you're not missing too many things if you're content with most things around you.

i'm trying to be thankful for what i have.
i'm trying to be normal. bright and shiny.

it's working. i'm changing...slowly but steadily. :)

No comments: